B2C it’s not exclusive for Ecommerce, it has a lot on common with the Omnichannel strategy.
After that, there are many Q&A before or during the journey to B2C:
- What are my motivations for considering a strategic change?
- What objective is the company looking for?
- Is my product attractive enough?
- Do I have brand awareness?
- What is the competition doing? One of the most useful tools is the Brand Passion Index (BPI), which helps brands compare themselves with the competition.
- Is it a potentially “native” product for marketing, retail or online sales?
BPI competition between the main computer players: Macintosh, Lenovo, IBM and HP¹.
- Is it viable from an operations point of view? 5 facts to take int account²:
As a final reflection, we want to emphasize the management paradox that is valid for a B2C model, but perhaps not capable or with sufficient availability to approach and manage this completely different strategic approach with success guarantees.
The only option that guarantees a successful execution of the project is the commitment to external professionals who can support each company during this unknown journey; honestly, this doesn’t mean an assurance of sales results / margin / ROI, etc … but it does bring the right execution of the business plan according to the variables previously described.
Howdazz is a consulting firm specialized in Operations and SCM that helps the design and execution of projects from the side of its clients.
¹ Surico, Kimberly. (2020, May 13). Brands Pivoting From B2B To B2C. Net Base Quid. In https://netbasequid.com/blog/pivoting-b2b-b2c/
² Saddle Creek Corporation. Expanding from B2B to B2C: A Guide to Effective Ecommerce Fulfillment. In https://www.sclogistics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Expanding-B2C-eBook.pdf