The use of a formal process to request a proposal from operation or technology vendors include many advantages.
In a search of a fulfilment vendor for e-commerce operations where we contacted 22 vendors, we found that:
- The annual cost of the worst option was 514% more expensive than the cheapest one.
- None of the three most expensive proposals stood out for the technical assets.
- One of the three cheapest options included the most adequate technical infrastructures.
In technology selection, we help clients to avoid the following mistakes:
- Contracting a selection process to a company with implementation capabilities of one or some solutions to be evaluated.
- Non-inclusion of international solutions among the analyzed ones.
- Non-inclusion of international sources of information about the state-of-the-art of technology.
- Lack of search of innovation among start-ups.
- Considering ambiguous answers to functional requirements as valid ones.
- To feel attracted by the dazzle of functionalities without application to client needs.