Majid Al Futtaim Retail
A franchise agreement allowed Majid Al Futtaim Retail to introduce the first hypermarket model to the region in 1995. Today, Majid Al Futtaim owns 100% of the Carrefour franchise in 38 markets across the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
According to Global Powers of Retailing 2018 report by Deloitte, its turnover was 6501 US$M.
The goal was to provide an uniform experience to clients who could track order status and GPS position when managed by dedicated fleet while Carrefour received all the information to track delivery service level and client satisfaction. The scope included:
- Food & non-food.
- E-commerce and valet service.
- Couriers and dedicated fleet.
To verify solution coverage of Carrefour requirements, we tested and simulated delivery of real orders and we verified the integration model of analysed solutions.
Go-live for several delivery business channels was achieved just 3 months after having selected the solution.
Key results of this project were:
- 5 months from start of the selection process to the go-live of selected tool in 2 different operations.
- Increase of client trust in Carrefour e-commerce services.
- Quick deployment to the rest of delivery operations after initial go-lives (Al Saqr hypermarket in Abu Dhabi, then Deira City Centre in Dubai).
- Extension to other countries like Egypt as e-commerce demand increased.